Pages

6/13/2012

Trying this...

Hello blog world! Just wanted to try this to see if I like the posting on the internet for the whole world to view thingy. This will be a way for me to keep track about things I love - my family, my home, and getting dressed up :) So here we go!


This is our house. I live here in New Jersey with my delightful husband (D), my five year old son (Carter) and 7 month old daughter (Claire - but we call her bear...I love nicknames, perhaps too much.) We bought this home back in June of 2010, so we been here for a solid two years! Time has certainly flown by...can't believe we will be spending our third summer here already. This english colonial was built back in 1926 and is every bit as charming as I had wanted my home to be.

In the past two years we have done a lot of projects. And when I say we, I really mean I told D my ideas and he graciously put them into action, lol. Here's a running list of what we've updated so far.

Updates by room:
Foyer
  - Removed wallpaper
  - Painted walls
  - New storm door

Living room
  - Painted walls

Sunroom/TV Room
  - Painted wood paneling (hired semi-professionals - my sister's co-workers who paint on the side of teaching)

Dining Room
  - Removed wallpaper
  - Painted

Kitchen
  - Removed wallpaper
  - Painted walls
  - Replace backsplash (in progress)
  - New faucet

Half bath
  - Removed wallpaper
  - Painted walls

Upstairs bath
  - Updated light fixture
  - New faucet
  - New towel bar, soap dish, toothbrush holder

Master bedroom
  - Removed wallpaper
  - Painted walls

Claire's room
  - Painted walls

Carter's room
  - Painted walls

Basement
  - New vinyl floor
  - Painted paneling

I'll save our To Do project list for another post. And I hope to get some before and after pictures posted soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment